To begin performing the prone or prone leg curl repeat, the user must first lie face down on top of the machine with their ankles hooked into the distal foam padding on the bottom of the machine. from his head.
Some adjustments may be necessary for the placement of said foam padding, as well as the handles that the user will hold on to stabilize their trunk during the exercise.
Muscles Worked in the StrengthLog Upper Body Dumbbell Workout
As the name suggests, the StrengthLog Upper Body Dumbbell Workout works the muscles of the upper upper body on the chest, back, shoulders and arms. You gain upper body strength and muscle mass with the best old school exercises using dumbbells and your body weight.
Your pectoral muscles are made up of the pectoralis major and minor, the serratus anterior, and the subclavius. These four muscles help move the upper extremities through a wide range of motion, and in this workout you are targeting all of them.
Seated Leg Curl
- To begin, adjust the height of the machine using the lever on the machine. You want to make sure it fits on the seat.
- Sit with your back well supported against the back cushion.
- Raise your legs and place them on the pads in front of you so that the pads rest a few inches below your calves. Then place the cushion under the thighs, just above the knees.
- At this point, your legs should be straight and fully extended in front of you. Make sure you are in a comfortable starting position.
- To begin the exercise, exhale and press the pads with your thighs toward your back and as close to your thighs as possible.
- As you bend your knee joints and push through your calves, keep your torso as straight and still as possible.
- When your legs are fully contracted, hold for a second, then release and return to the starting position. If you feel any discomfort during the exercise, stop immediately.
- Repeat the seated leg curl movement for 3 sets of 8-10 repetitions6
If you feel more comfortable lying down, you can also try the leg curl with straight legs. This added hamstring workout can be done on a separate machine or even with a dumbbell held between your feet.
Step 1: Position yourself on the equipment
The starting position is to go in front of the equipment and place your back against the cushion and sit on the machine.
Place your lower leg against the extended padded lever and adjust the lap pad so that your thighs are securely held in place. The padding below the knees should be placed between the knees and the hips.
Best Curvature for the Work
Because the biarticular hamstrings are both hip extensors and knee flexors, a flexed position is necessary. Simultaneous hip and knee extension is necessary to train them for a long time. muscle lengths where total tension can be maximized.